Skip to main content

American Deli Is Hands Down the Best



The first American Deli opened in South Dekalb Mall in 1989. I only know that because they have it printed on every cup. American Deli is a fast food restaurant that serves chicken wings, burgers, salads, fish, all of which are complemented with fries and your choice of drink. American Deli’s fries differ from other fast food restaurants because of its crinkly texture and is served with Lawry’s french fry seasoning. My father took me to American Deli for the first time when I was about eight. It was after my first Grayson Little League Football game. I honestly don't remember if we won that game or not, but I definitely remember what came after like it was yesterday. Standing at approximately four ft tall, I remember entering through presumably gargantuan double doors at the time. Immediately, the aroma of barbecue sauce hit my stubby little nose and ignited my entire core with an extreme level of hunger. I was glaring at the menu so hard, my eyes probably looked like it was about to buss out of its socket. I was partly confused about what I wanted to order because everything looked deliciously enticing. The burgers looked homemade with fresh slices of tomatoes, the image of the philly cheese steak had so much cheese I could drool and the wings looked so crispy and saucy at the same time. After what felt like hours, I finally settled on lemon pepper wings served with fries and lemonade to drink. I recall I could still taste the intricate seasoning from the lemon peppered wings long after I had devoured my meal. From that day forward, American Deli became my favorite place to eat. American Deli is my favorite place to eat because I love their wings, its inexpensive, quick and convenient, and its welcoming environment is a great place for family and friends to enjoy.
  
There are a lot of wing places out there, however there are a scarce amount of good wing places. Thankfully, American Deli is in the margin of good wing places. American Deli has many flavors of wings to pick from as well as whether you want them dry-rubbed or wet. My favorite flavor of wings are teriyaki with lemon pepper sprinkles. Initially, I only got lemon pepper wings, but then I discovered the teriyaki mix. One day I was at my best friends Isaiah and John`s apartment and we decided to go to American Deli for lunch. My friend John ordered different flavored wings and I was surprised at the combination. Teriyaki with lemon pepper sprinkles seemed like it was the perfect mix. I was like wait a second that sounds like it would be pretty good. Sure enough it was good. The sweet teriyaki taste with a kick of lemon pepper sprinkles complimented the different extremes of both flavors wonderfully. And to top it all off, it was served with the best fries in the game, crinkly fries and my choice of blue cheese. Blue cheese is so much better than ranch. As a child I loved ranch, but when i discovered blue cheese for the first time I haven't stopped getting it since. American deli is always a guaranteed delicious meal.


For any restaurant, there is always a wait period. For American Deli the wait period is usually around ten minutes; whether you order a philly cheese steak, a burger or twenty wings. There is the option of calling in the order before I go to American Deli. in that case I wouldn't have to it and wait for the ten minutes to elapse. Ten minutes may sound like it's a long time, but imagine making a full course meal in ten minutes. It should take more time if you think about it. They are making the food as you order. Once your order is prepared, they have it sitting on the counter ready to dig in and in that moment, I am the happiest customer. Whether I call in my order or having to sit for the duration of time, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Because my taste buds are guaranteed satisfaction. Then in the back of my mind I make note that the food is worth the wait. Another good thing I like about American Deli is that the price of each menu item is generally between five to eight dollars. You get your choice of entree with fries and a drink. That price for the amount of food I receive is an excellent bargain. American Deli is the most reliable meal for me. It tastes amazing, for an affordable price and it's a great place to stop and grab a quick meal in between classes.

I really do appreciate my dad for putting me on to American Deli. I remember one of the first places I drove myself when I got my license was American Deli. A lot of people I know really do enjoy amercan deli. My family my friends all like it. I remember Super Bowl 51 like it was yesterday  the Falcons vs the Patriots. I love the falcons so the first half was amazing. We had wings and fries, and the falcons were winning. I was having a great time. Then halftime hits I go down stairs for more wings,but they  are devastatingly all gone. To carry on it gets worse the falcons blow a big lead at half time and end up losing the game. Now that night I took to L’s no seconds on wings and my favorite NFL team losing the Super Bowl. Next time we have to order more wings i would not  have had as bad as a night.

 American Deli will always have a place in my heart. Unless i get tired of giving them money, and make the wings on my own. Although their consistency is going to be hard to match. Those wings always have the same taste,the same amount of krisp and always smothered in teriyaki. I don’t need a five star restaurant to satisfy my taste buds. American Deli is my favorite place to eat because their wings are amazing, cost efficient , quick and convenient, and it is great for family and friends to enjoy.      
"Atomic Wings" by Shutter Ferret is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 "Deli Sign" by JeepersMedia is licensed under CC BY 2.0 />
"Shake Shack Fries" by Hamburger Helper is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0

Comments

  1. I heard about deli before, but I have never went in there. I would like to go there and try deli because it really looks good. We have similarities when it comes to food. You like wings I like wings too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment